Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lunch

I think this is the last dress in my collection that I got from my grandmother.


If I come up with any others, you'll be the first to know. I do remember one piece with a greenish-gray, with line drawings of sailing scenes on it, but it was a) at least two sizes too small (and I don't go for "motivational" clothing) and b) peppered with holes that looked to be about the diameter of a well-fed moth larva, though it was definitely polyester, and I'm not sure how filling that is for the destructive little guys.




Lunch, as in ladies who, is one of my more elegant pieces, and somewhere I've got a bright yellow double-breasted half-jacket with three-quarter sleeves that really makes me look like I'm about to humiliate my plucky prospective daughter-in-law from the wrong side of the tracks. (That jacket — free in a clothing swap. But much too hot for a summer photo shoot.)


As with In Dreams, I like to pair Lunch with scarves that belonged to my father's mother, only here they do duty as belts.


This one matches quite well, I think.


But if I'm looking for a bright contrast-y pop, pink will usually do the trick.


This scarf combines animals, geometric designs and a designer label (Gucci).


The first two are plenty, thanks.


It also works as a pocket square (albeit an oversized, dramatic one).


 Another subtle one still manages to include some color.


I'll bring the drama, thanks.


Speaking of lunching, what are your thoughts on verbing?


I friend, message and text. I blog and bookmark. Sometimes I party, though less often than I used to.


But I'm not sure whether I view these activities as abominations of the English language or as part of what greats it. Thought me on this...


All photos by Claire Loeb!


No comments:

Post a Comment