Monday, July 16, 2012

Flower Shower

Modern-day prints can, of course, have a retro feel.




Although the print of Flower Shower looks a little not 21st-century, it's not trying to be something it's not. There's something about it that doesn't feel Sixties-ish to me... maybe if it had a paisley background, it would be a little more mind-bending.


The whole experience of writing Dressopotamia has made me look at my wardrobe in a whole new way, but Flower Shower has come in for extra scrutiny. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of it, so my whole frame of reference for it has always been the close-up.


It's actually a little weird to see what it looks like coming down the street.


Not that these pictures represent how I walk down the street; I would probably have a hard time getting anywhere if that were the case.


The cut is your basic sheath, but I do like the tension between the high neckline and higher hemline. It's like Flower Shower heard Tyra Banks say, "Always model the opposite of your outfit," and decided to incorporate that ambiguity into its very being.


Everything I know about modeling I learned from watching America's Next Top Model.


That is why I do such a great broken-down doll.

I picked up Flower Shower a few years ago off the clearance rack at Purdy Girl, along with another frock to be blogged later... unfortunately I've never found anything as appealing there since.


That is probably for the best, as it's freed up funds to be used for real vintage. But Flower Shower's littermate is supercute, and I wouldn't mind just a few more like the two of them...


All photos by Claire Loeb!



No comments:

Post a Comment