Friday, August 10, 2012

Tangerine Scream

Remember the time I was talking about my best shopping day ever? The time I went to Another Man's Treasure and came home with Raspberry Ripple, Trompe l'Oeil and Natural History?


And thus concludes the story of the best shopping day ever. Movie rights, anyone? (See below for casting ideas.)




Tangerine Scream marks a renwed interest on my part in the maxi-dress. For years I would hack off the bottom of all maxis as a matter of course — I think the one time I didn't, the next owner did. But I'm definitely on board now.


For one thing, summer is so much easier when you can sit down in the grass if need be.


Bodice details like below-bosom gathering and a little keyhole slit paired with a high neckline sweeten the deal.


And the little tie in the back adds adorability.

Tangerine Scream is also very on-trend when it comes to Hollywood movies, especially action movies.


You may or may not have noticed this, but movies these days love (d'amour) to set up scenes for maximum orange/teal contrast. Posters are even worse.


Using movie logic, Tangerine Scream is basically already a huge star.


What charisma!


What poetry in motion!


Dear Hollywood casting directors: can you afford not to cast Tangerine Scream in your next project? Sure, TS will pay dues as "Arrogant Dress #2"... for a while.


But what it really wants is to direct.



All photos by Claire Loeb!


No comments:

Post a Comment