Monday, June 18, 2012

In Bloom

A few years ago, a dear friend of mine went to Montreal and all I got was this incredible dress.


I know, right? (Note: I definitely encourage this sort of behavior.) I went to Montreal myself a while later in the hopes that lightning would strike twice, but I couldn't even find any vintage shops, let alone one with red polyester evening gowns.



This was before Angelina Jolie's leg got its own Twitter account.

What is not to love about In Bloom? The cut is quite formal, what with the high neckline


and the long, slitted skirt.


But the fabric is pure fun! Blue tulips! Red butterflies! Purple grass! 


It's like a fashion Stroop Test


The bright red flowers, in case you're interested (and if you weren't interested, I'm guessing you wouldn't be reading this blog), extend to In Bloom's back as well.




I think the look works better with a belt, which also serves to de-fancify it a bit.




So... anyone going to Montreal anytime soon?






All photos by Claire Loeb!

2 comments:

  1. They're all on St. Laurent I believe? They're like, just before you get to the Jewish section of the city, before Schwartz's (I think south, but I haven't been since I moved to Toronto)?

    ReplyDelete