Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mosaic

I don't remember exactly where I picked up Mosaic, but a tiny part of my brain wants to say Buenos Aires (which is a Mecca for vintage, but I'll get more into that later). Honestly, I am a little undecided on wrap dresses; I think this is the only piece in my wardrobe that really qualifies. The idea is fabulous: it never doesn't fit, and if you have a small waist, it's a great way to emphasize that. (If you don't have a small waist, you also look stunning in a wrap dress, because you look stunning in everything, darling.) If any readers have a Diane von Furstenberg hanging around that needs a home, I will definitely conduct further research on wraps and report back.



But there is a downside, and that is wind. I am actually not a huge fan of exposing my undercarriage to all and sundry, believe it or not (if you don't believe it, just hush for the time being). With Mosaic, I use a little safety pin to keep the skirt in place, but that causes its own problems, especially as the knot loosens and the part where the skirt is pinned in place begins to look pinned in place, ruining the easy, breezy, beautiful line of the wrap dress, which is really the whole point, isn't it? Run-on sentences aside, I would love to know how you, dear readers, feel about the wrap dress (also, see above about unwanted Diane von Furstenbergs). Do they make you laugh with delight?


Or growl with frustration at the difficulty of keeping your undercarriage and bosoms under (forgive me) wraps?


The unique element of Mosaic, of course, is not the cut. It's the candy-colored pattern! This is what you would get if you gave a pack of construction paper and a pair of scissors, and possibly a protractor, to a mechanically-minded child and told her to have at it. At least I hope that's what you would get, because I have half a dozen mechanically-minded children working on a sequel. Let's take a closer look.


I'd brave any wind for you, sweet little print.

All photos by Claire Loeb!



No comments:

Post a Comment