Wednesday, June 27, 2012

O Modaction

After the Parisian misadventure described in Earthly Delights, I did another study abroad program there, for my MA. I don't really remember any details about any of the classes I took (though I did have one professor who could, if you read him a line from Madame Bovary, recite the rest of the page from memory), but I do remember going to lots and lots of mod parties. And I wore a dedicated dress.


It's the moddest thing ever! The high neck paired with a short hemline is a great combo, in my book. The print is to die for; I'm always a fan of mixing organic and geometric shapes.






O Modaction also comes with an extremely versatile sash.


You can wear it as a belt:


I didn't do this a lot, because I was getting tired of always using belts as belts (how predictable!), and I preferred the headband look.


Headbands are so mod!


You could wear it as an armband, to look tough.


But armbands aren't really that mod. Or tough.

Or I guess you could just use it to amuse yourself with cat's cradle.


I loved mod parties because you know that thing that regular clubs promise? That you can dance and drink, and hang out with your friends and maybe meet a guy and stay out all night without even noticing? And then you go to a club and the music can't even be properly described as music, and the drinks are $14, and you can't even hear your friends over the awful thumping techno beat, and the guys are all sleazy and disgusting, and you are almost immediately waiting for everyone else to realize how much this sucks so you can leave, except no one wants to leave because you spent $25 apiece to get in and you were lucky to get even get past the ridiculous velvet rope? Mod parties DELIVER on that night out.



Now I want to throw a mod party.


All photos by Claire Loeb!

No comments:

Post a Comment