Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Strongest Link

I do love a fitted frock, but sometimes you just want to wear a dress that you could fit a circus under, you know?


Strongest Link's vertically oriented print...



 ...helps you regain your non-tenty look with just a small application of belt.



The ruching at the neckline here is kind of a big deal! It's the only place on Strongest Link where the fabric is gathered or shaped at all, so all the volume comes out from the neckline. With a different material, this could be disastrous. I'm not sure exactly what this magic material is, as there's no label here, but it's a filmy knit in what I'm guessing is rayon.


Rayon is not exactly known for being breathable, but the light, loose floatiness of Strongest Link means that I reach for it on those sweltering summer days when the very idea of wearing clothing is all but unbearable.



(This particular day wasn't that hot, but I called upon my sense memories of 96-degree days. ACTING!)


I would go so far as to recommend that every dress fan include in her (or his!) wardrobe a light, loose dress for when you don't feel like wearing anything at all. Shorts and a t-shirt just don't convey the right message, which is "How am I dealing with catastrophic climate change? With verve and panache! You?"


All photos by Claire Loeb!



No comments:

Post a Comment